Thursday, December 04, 2008

Maps and networks

Okay, so this is my contribution to maps in this class. I was quite surprised... and I'm not sure why...when I received a link from the Obama folks about making a difference and getting together for a house party to talk about change. Okay... so deliberation is part of democracy. I get that. What amazed me was the fact that deliberation now comes with MAPS.

The network that was established during the campaign appears to continue to thrive and the map and invitations to various house parties appear to be an attempt at inclusion of the network and inclusion of voices that are typically not heard from. This will be interesting.

So, click on the link and give it a look. I'd love to hear people's comments on this strategy. Has any other president-elect done this?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/changeiscoming/

No comments: